Southend Leisure and Tennis Centre is managed by Creating Leisure, a not for profit distributing organisation. The site is a multi purpose centre able to provide for a range of sports, with ancillary facilities to support such provision. Creating Leisure are committed to providing services of the highest quality to meet the needs of all pre games training camp users. Staff are dedicated to this project and look forward to welcoming all involved with the pre games training camps.
- Eight lane athletics track with class 2 facilities
- 4 indoor and 4 outdoor tennis courts with acrylic surface.
- 8 court multi purpose sports hall, with a supporting hall offering 2 courts.
- Fitness suite hosting 80 stations, with the health suite including a steam and sauna room, as well as a spa
- Conference facilities and meeting rooms
- A licensed bar and cafeteria
- Childcare facilities.
New Pool Development at Southend Leisure and Tennis Centre:
- World-Class Diving facilities are at Southend Leisure and Tennis Centre. With a 25m 8 lane competition pool with World Class diving facilities at Southend Leisure and Tennis Centre to enable community access, competitive swimming and World Class Diving Development opportunities. This would be the ONLY facility in the Sport England East Region with these assets.
- The proposed development would immediately be recognised by British Diving as a centre of excellence and could very quickly become as well know for diving in the UK as Sheffield, Leeds and Southampton.
- 25 metre 8 lane competition pool with movable boom to enable the pool to be split into two sections to enable a flexible programme of usage
- World Class diving pool with 3m, 5m, 7.5m and 10m platforms, each being 3m wide for synchronised diving. There are also to be two 1m springboards and two 3m springboards and a 1m platform of normal diving width
- Diving pool to include movable floor to enable swimming lessons / exercise classes to take place
- Diving pool to include water agitation and air cushion system
- Dry diving training with harness and trampolines
- Tiered seating overlooking 25m pool for 250 spectators. Seating also for 200 spectators along the length of diving pool
- Provision of a 'splash' and bubble pool with spectator are
- In partnership with Badminton England, international matches in badminton between England and China have been held at Southend Leisure and Tennis Centre. Singles, doubles and mixed doubles were part of these international events, which, on each occasion were sold out.
- The Essex Youth Games, which was the largest sporting event in Essex, has been hosted at the centre. This inter district competition involved a range of sports, including badminton, athletics and basketball. In each of the sports, all competitors, officials, volunteers, sponsors and spectators were accommodated to the highest standard.
- Southend on Sea Athletics Club is based at the centre, with various county athletics meetings taking place on a regular basis.
- This facility is maintained to an excellent standard to provide for all users, with the infrastructure in place to accommodate the training and competition needs for athletes of the highest level.
- Southend Race for Life, and the Customs and Excise National Sports Day are regular annual bookings at the centre. Both events provide for a large number of competitors.
- The centre has also hosted the National Jujitsu Championships and the National Trampolining Championships, again two major national events accommodating for competitors at a very high standard.