Accredited by London 2012 for: Archery, Athletics, Basketball, Fencing, Judo, Triathlon, Volleyball-Indoor, Weightlifting
Also suitable for: Aquatics, Boxing, Football, Triathlon, Table Tennis
Colchester Garrison, home for the 16 Air Assault Brigade, provides living and working accommodation to approximately 3,500 military and 220 civilian personnel representing a multitude of different nations.
Recent redevelopments will enable land to be released, which will be used to create a new urban village with community sports facilities. The redevelopment will also involve significant improvements to Colchester's local transport and infrastructure making the Garrison the ideal training base for Olympic teams.
- An 8 lane, floodlit, synthetic athletics track with throws cage. This was resurfaced in 2007 and is located within the Garrison Sports Ground, providing a good level of privacy
- The new Garrison Physical Training and Recreation Centre for Olympic and Paralympic teams to use for Basketball, Judo, Indoor Volleyball and Weightlifting. The Sports Hall also facilitates 8 badminton courts
- A new 8 lane 25m swimming pool (opened 2008)
- Specialist, floodlit, deep-filled sand synthetic hockey pitch that can be watered to replicate a water-based surface (located within the Garrison sports ground, providing a good level of privacy).
- The Garrison Saddle Club provides equestrian facilities, including a 60m x 40m floodlit manage (sand/rubber surface), 6 course horse walker and stables for 12 horses
- Shooting and Archery ranges where arms and ammunition can be stored
- A high-quality floodlit grass Football pitch with accompanying covered spectator seating
- Grass Tennis courts that have been used for county standard matches
- Sports medicine, podiatry and physiotherapy clinics
- Rehabilitation classes, cryotherapy and electrotherapy
- Civilian security personnel to carry out security duties
- Well equipped meeting rooms with full suite AV equipment and video conferencing available
- Provision of Office Space for squad management and coaching staff
- Provision of catering facilities with up to 20,000 meals per week available through contractor
- Provision of cafe lounge, bars, a hairdresser, mini-market and internet cafe.